The Raven Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Do you think this poem is supposed to be funny? Do you find the speaker's tale intense and dramatic, or ridiculous and over-the-top?
- Do you talk to animals? Do you ever imagine them saying something back?
- On that note, do you think the speaker of this poem has really lost his mind, or does he just seem very, very sad to you?
- Do you trust the speaker? Do you think he gives us an accurate version of reality, or is it possible that he is making up or distorting some of these things?
- Have you ever known someone (or been someone) whose love turned into obsession? Does this poem make you think about that experience?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search