The Raven Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Do you think this poem is supposed to be funny? Do you find the speaker's tale intense and dramatic, or ridiculous and over-the-top?
- Do you talk to animals? Do you ever imagine them saying something back?
- On that note, do you think the speaker of this poem has really lost his mind, or does he just seem very, very sad to you?
- Do you trust the speaker? Do you think he gives us an accurate version of reality, or is it possible that he is making up or distorting some of these things?
- Have you ever known someone (or been someone) whose love turned into obsession? Does this poem make you think about that experience?
Next Page: Best of the Web
Previous Page: Quotes