A View from the Bridge
A View from the Bridge Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- How would the play be different if the characters were descended from another culture? What if they were Mexican or Irish for example?
- Is honor worth dying for?
- How is A View from the Bridge similar to classical tragedies? How is it different?
- Is the real conflict in the play between rural and urban ideas of justice, instead of Italian and American?
- How would the play be different if it were set in contemporary America?