A Rose for Emily Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why does Tobe stay with Emily?
- Why does Emily stay in Jefferson.
- If Emily's father only left her the house, how are her bills and food and things being paid for?
- What are some of the different things inherited in the story?
- Did you find this story depressing? Uplifting? Disgusting? What is your overall reaction to the story?
- Do you find "A Rose for Emily" hard to read? If so, what parts are difficult? If not, what makes it accessible for you?
- What do you think happened to Miss Emily's house after the townspeople find the body? Do you think the town made Homer's death a matter of record?
- Is it significant that Emily is the last Grierson? Why or why not?
Next Page: Photos
Previous Page: Analysis