by George Orwell
Boxer (a horse) Timeline and Summary
- Boxer comes to hear about old Major’s dream.
- Boxer accepts all the principles of Animalism.
- He develops the "I will work harder" mantra.
- Boxer kills a boy in the Battle of the Cowshed and feels guilty about it.
- He is awarded "Animal Hero, First Class."
- He momentarily challenges Squealer, believing that Snowball was loyal all the time.
- He overpowers three of Napoleon’s dogs that attack him.
- Boxer fights against the notion that the Battle of the Windmill was a victory.
- Boxer collapses while trying to re-build the windmill again.
- He tries to break out of the van, but is unable to escape being sent to his death.