3D Objects (Prisms, Cylinders, Cones, Spheres)
Three‐dimensional objects are the solid shapes you see every day, like boxes, balls, coffee cups, and cans.
Here are some helpful vocabulary terms for solids:
- Face: a flat side of a 3‐dimensional object.
- Base: one of two parallel, congruent sides of an object.
- Edge: the intersection of two faces on a solid object. This is a line.
- Prism: a solid object with two congruent and parallel faces.
- Pyramid: a solid object with a polygon for a base and triangles for sides.
Say Hello to the 3-D Shapes
|Triangular Pyramid, aka Tetrahedron|