Breakfast at Tiffany's
Breakfast at Tiffany's Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- If you could write an alternate ending for the novel, what would it be and why?
- How might our perception of Holly be different if the novel was told from her point of view?
- Capote makes sure that we know that Holly is just nineteen years old. Why might this detail be important?
- Why do you think the narrator remains unnamed?
- Which detail of Holly's life do you particularly wish you knew more about? Why?
- Capote breaks the novel up into short, quick chapters. How does that influence the way we read?
- Which secondary character do you think is most important to the story. Why?