The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Does "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" have a moral, or attempt to teach its readers a lesson of sorts?
- What is the effect of the first-person narration, and why does the narrator reveal himself so minimally?
- Is "Benjamin Button" funny, tragic, or both?
- How sympathetic are you to Benjamin’s character? As a reader, can you relate to him at all, despite the peculiarity of his circumstance?
- What does "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" teach us about the nature of age?
- Well-executed short stories usually cover a short period of time. How is it that "Benjamin Button" functions well as a short piece yet covers the course of 70 years?
- Why do you think Fitzgerald breaks his story into two parts? What effect does this structuring have on the story?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search