One Perfect Rose
One Perfect Rose Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What is the effect of the speaker mentioning a limousine? Does it make her seem materialistic? Shallow?
- Why do you think the speaker seems so underwhelmed by her flower? Is she actually upset, or just kind of pretending?
- What is the effect of the refrain "one perfect rose"? Does it bore us? Does it reinforce the speaker's point?
- What effect is achieved by organizing the poem in three stanzas of four lines each?
- What do you think makes a rose a perfect rose, really?