The Woman Warrior Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Who is the No Name Woman that Kingston references in the first chapter's title? Could she be referring to someone besides her aunt?
- What does it mean to remember someone? What does memory have to do with storytelling?
- What is the difference between a realistic novel and a memoir? How would this book be different if it were not subtitled a memoir?
- What if these stories were told in a chronological order? What effect would this have on your reading experience? Is it even possible to place all of Kingston's stories on a timeline?
- Do you feel that your reading experience is different based on whether or not you identify as Chinese and female? How so?