Common Core Standards: Math
Expressions and Equations 7.EE.B.4
4. Use variables to represent quantities in a real-world or mathematical problem, and construct simple equations and inequalities to solve problems by reasoning about the quantities.
In this standard, you'll be building on what your students learned in sixth grade about turning unknown quantities into variables, with an eye toward getting them prepped for eighth grade and (gasp!) high school math. The heady days of only dealing with numbers are, sadly, long past. It's about to get all alphabetical up in here.
This time around, the emphasis is on translating real-world situations into simple equations and inequalities. It's powerful stuff, turning words into math. With a bit of practice, your students will be feeling like tiny mathematical demigods in no time.
- CAHSEE Math 1.2 Algebra and Functions
- CAHSEE Math 1.2 Measurement and Geometry
- CAHSEE Math 1.2 Statistics, Data, and Probability I
- CAHSEE Math 1.2 Statistics, Data, and Probability II
- CAHSEE Math 1.3 Mathematical Reasoning
- CAHSEE Math 1.3 Measurement and Geometry
- CAHSEE Math 1.3 Statistics, Data, and Probability I
- CAHSEE Math 1.4 Algebra I
- CAHSEE Math 1.4 Mathematical Reasoning
- CAHSEE Math 1.4 Measurement and Geometry