Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What does it take for a slave to become free?
- What does freedom mean? Is it more than just being legally free?
- What does it mean to be an American slave? How can the United States be the "land of the free" if it tolerated slavery?
- What lessons does Douglass's life have for readers who aren't slaves? What can we learn from his story?
- Why is education so important to Douglass?
Next Page: Quizzes
Previous Page: Analysis