No Longer At Ease
No Longer At Ease Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why is corruption such a big part of politics in every system in the world? Is there anything we can do to change that? Why or why not?
- According to No Longer At Ease, what role did African culture play in creating the corruption in Nigeria? What role did the colonial system play in creating the corruption?
- Consider different cultural traditions around the world that make some groups of people, or some individuals, "taboo." Do we have any "taboo" groups of people in the United States? Does your family believe some people are "taboo" because of religious, cultural, socioeconomic, racial, or other reasons?
- What do you think about the idea of certain people groups or individuals being "taboo"? Is it a necessary part of human social systems or is it always wrong?
- How would you compare this story to the story of Romeo and Juliet? How is it similar? How is it different?