Saint Joan Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- How would Joan be received if she were alive today?
- If Joan had been born a man, would she still have been executed?
- Does being recognized as a saint make up for being burnt at the stake?
- Shaw wanted to address Joan's legacy on earth with his epilogue. Is there a way that he could've addressed this within the play itself? Was adding an epilogue the only way to get these ideas across?
- The Inquisitor compares Joan to both Muhammad and John the Baptist. How do you think she compares to these and other famous religious figures?
Next Page: Quizzes
Previous Page: Analysis