Saint Joan Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- How would Joan be received if she were alive today?
- If Joan had been born a man, would she still have been executed?
- Does being recognized as a saint make up for being burnt at the stake?
- Shaw wanted to address Joan's legacy on earth with his epilogue. Is there a way that he could've addressed this within the play itself? Was adding an epilogue the only way to get these ideas across?
- The Inquisitor compares Joan to both Muhammad and John the Baptist. How do you think she compares to these and other famous religious figures?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search