A Tale of Two Cities
by Charles Dickens
A Tale of Two Cities Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- How heroic is Sydney Carton’s death?
- Would the novel be different if Lucie had killed Madame Defarge? How?
- Is A Tale of Two Cities a novel about revolution or a novel about rape?
- Is revenge ever justifiable? If so, when?
- How is "honor" defined in this novel? Are there multiple versions of honor? If so, which is the most effective? The most respectable? Who is the most honorable character?