The Maze Runner
Cite This Page
The Maze Runner Questions
- If you found yourself in Thomas's shoes would your first instinct be to assume the fetal position and give up, or would you hit the ground running to try to find a way out?
- Is the fact that Teresa is a girl a big deal? Does her gender play a large role in how she is received?
- Why do you think Dashner chose to make the chapters so short? Is the format important to the pacing of the story?
- Chuck's role seems to be a case of type-casting. Is there a reason that the chubby side-kick is such a popular trope?
- There is an emerging trend of dystopian literature featuring young adults or even kids as the protagonists. How would this story be different if the main characters were adults? Would it be just as compelling?