The Bacchae Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What is the difference between murder, hunting, and sacrifice?
- What is the greater meaning of all of the dualities in the play?
- What would the play be like if Agave were the protagonist? Cadmus? The Herdsman?
- What is madness in the play? What is sanity?
- Directors often set Greek tragedies in another place and time other than ancient Greece. If you were directing The Bacchae, where and when would you choose to set the play? How would your choice inform the play?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...