Common Core Standards: Math
Ratios and Proportional Relationships 6.RP.A.3
3. Use ratio and rate reasoning to solve real-world and mathematical problems, e.g., by reasoning about tables of equivalent ratios, tape diagrams, double number line diagrams, or equations.
Diapers. An unfortunate and nonnegotiable element of the baby package.
This one-stop shop standard builds on students' knowledge of ratios and unit rates and applies them to real-life situations—and diapers, as we know, are very real. Need to know how many diapers that little monster goes through in a week? This standard has got you covered, with tons of visual aids to boot (tables of values, ordered pairs on the coordinate plane, diagrams, etc.).
It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it.
- Identifying Fractions, Decimals and Percents 2 - Math Shack
- Identifying Fractions, Decimals and Percents - Math Shack
- More Word Problems with Percents and Proportions - Math Shack
- Basic Unit Rate Word Problems - Math Shack
- Writing Ratios, Comparing and Finding Unit Rates - Math Shack
- Equivalent Ratios on a Number Line - Math Shack
- Number Line Ratios - Math Shack
- Converting Measurements - Math Shack