Common Core Standards: Math
Expressions and Equations 8.EE.C.7
7. Solve linear equations in one variable.
One of the really nice things about math is that there's always one right answer. None of that wishy-washy, subjective, personalized, "What do you think?" stuff in math. Let English teachers deal with all that. In math, if an answer is right, it's right. That's it. The end. No questions asked.
Well… no, not always. Sometimes in math, there are no right answers and sometimes there are an infinite number of answers to a problem.
Make sure to clean your students' brains off the walls after their heads explode.
- Translating Words into Mathematical Equations - Math Shack
- Solving 2-Step Equations Using Multiplication and Division - Math Shack
- Solving 2-Step Equations Using Addition and Subtraction - Math Shack
- Solving Equations with Variables on Both Sides - Math Shack
- Solving Linear Equations with Variables on Both Sides of the Equation - Math Shack
- Solving Linear Equations Using the Distributive Property - Math Shack
- Consecutive Ages - Math Shack
- Consecutive Even Integers - Math Shack
- Consecutive Odd Integers - Math Shack
- Consecutive Integers - Math Shack