Making classrooms creative, learning lovable, and students spectacular.
Get Your Bulk Teacher Discount Here!
Our teacher resources are the best in breed, and they’re even better in bulk. Get hundreds of Common Core aligned high school teacher resources in Literature, U.S. History, Economics, Civics, and Digital Literacy while still making learning fun through engaging student activities, discussion questions, and much, much, more. Subscribe to it all for only $19.84/month.
Try a Complete Teacher Test Prep for Free
All you have to do is register.
PRAXIS Test Prep
Praxis is what is standing in between you and your dreams of being a teacher. So grab it by its horns, and get going. This test prep will arm you with tons of practice exams as well as test specific strategies to get you in and out.
CSET English Prep
If you are going to be teaching in California, you will need to take the CSET English Exam. Shmoop is here to help you ace it! We are so nice, we are making it free too. So check it out!
Shmoop is a labor of love from people who love to teach. PH.D. and masters students from top universities (including Stanford, U.C. Berkeley, Harvard, and Yale) have spent sleepless nights dreaming up Shmoop.
From ELA to STEM, we love Literature, History, Math, Science, and everything in-between. We help you use today's technology and culture to bring these subjects to life for students.
Check out all these great benefits
"Shmoop impresses me because it is intentionally about learning, and the joy of learning, not just about passing courses and jumping through educational hoops."
-Paul Hamilton, teacher and edu blogger
- Supplement in-classroom learning with fun, engaging, and relatable learning materials that bring subjects to life.
- Use relevant and current points of reference to help students see how inspiring and useful these subjects are to their daily lives.
- Bring multiple points-of-view to light on each subject. There's rarely one correct interpretation.
- Insist on original and critical thought.
- Use a conversational writing tone (not your typical textbook writing!) to make topics approachable and accessible.
- Convince students "why they should care" about each topic we cover.
- Engage students in a conversation and ask tough questions that don't have easy answers.
- Help students and teachers harness the Internet and discover the best multimedia materials on every subject we cover.
Activities, quizzes, discussion, questions, and more to bring learning alive (in the non-creepy zombie way).
Helping your students improve their Constitution so they can get chummy with the Founding Fathers.
Reading, writing, and researching on the interwebs, all while avoiding the robot apocalypse.
Showing students that voting for chicken nuggets on the cafeteria menu is small (French) fries in the world of Democracy.
Supplying, demanding, and sinking cost all in search of a free lunch. (Spoiler alert: there isn't one.)