Tess of the D'Urbervilles
by Thomas Hardy
Tess of the D'Urbervilles Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why did contemporary critics think that this novel was "immoral"?
- Hardy points out various social problems in this novel. Does he offer any solutions?
- How much is Tess to blame for what happens to her?
- Does Tess deserve her final punishment?
- Do you think that Angel marries 'Liza-Lu after the close of the novel?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...