The Three Musketeers
by Alexandre Dumas
The Three Musketeers Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- D’Artagnan ignores his father’s advice by selling the yellow pony. What other pieces of his father’s advice did he reject? What did he follow? How does the elder D’Artagnan’s advice at the beginning of the novel influence the rest of the novel?
- We offer you three ways of breaking up this text: the Classic Plot Analysis, the Booker's Seven Basic Plots Analysis, and the Three Act Plot Analysis. Are there other ways of breaking up the text?
- What’s up with the chapter titles? Take a sample chapter and analyze the effect of the title on your analysis of the story.
- Was Milady’s trial at the end a "just" trial? According to whose standards of justice?
- How is death treated in the novel? Does this detract or add to the novel’s message as a whole?
- Does it matter that the novel is often historically inaccurate?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...