The Moonstone Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why does Rachel not get to contribute a narrative?
- What do you think Ezra Jennings was accused of?
- Why do Franklin Blake and Ezra Jennings hit it off so well?
- What is the effect of the structure of the novel? Why do you think Collins chose to construct it as a series of first-person narratives and letters from multiple points of view? How would the story be different if there were a traditional, third-person narrator?
- Which narrators do you trust the most? Which do you trust the least? Why?
- Why does Gabriel Betteredge get to narrate the first section of the novel?