The Woman in Black
The Woman in Black Chapter 10 Summary
- It's windy and dark when Arthur wakes up. He tries to find his way to the light, but it's been broken.
- Just splendid.
- Spider rouses him and they walk through the house. Arthur is filled with an inexplicable sense of despair.
- It feels as though someone has died.
- That's probably because someone has died.
- They go outside, and Spider is agitated. So agitated that she somehow gets stuck in the marsh and Arthur has to work hard to get her out of there.
- As he's walking back to the house with poor Spider, he looks up and sees the woman in black watching him from the window of the nursery. Creepy.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...