AP® European History
Making a mountain out of a Churchill.
Whatever happened to the first Defenestration of Prague? How many Napoleons are too many Napoleons? Why does Shmoop remain convinced that Winston Churchill jokes are the best jokes ever? Uncover all these mysteries and more in our guide to AP® European History.
In this guide, you'll learn
- why it's a terrible idea to start a land war in Russia in the middle of the winter (yes, Napoleon, we're looking at you).
- why an important moment in the French Revolution took place on a tennis court.
- why starting a new church might be the most melodramatic response ever to a bad marriage.
And much more! Plus you'll get to enjoy all of our favorite European history jokes. For example, what do champion historians like to have for breakfast?
What's Inside Shmoop's Online AP European History Test Prep
Shmoop is a labor of love from folks who love to teach. Our Test Prep resources will help you prepare for exams with fun, engaging, and relatable materials that bring the test to life.
In the AP European History guide, you'll find
- a diagnostic exam to figure out where you're struggling before you even begin.
- two full-length practice exams that mimic the look and feel of the exam.
- answer explanations to figure out where you went wrong…or right.
- test-taking tips to help you break down a lengthy exam.
- loads of practice drills.
- review of colonialism and imperialism, industrialization, scientific and technological developments, and more.
We have online Test Prep for each and every AP Exam!
- AP Art History
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB & BC
- AP Capstone
- AP Chemistry
- AP Chinese Language and Culture
- AP Comparative Government and Politics
- AP Computer Science
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP Environmental Science
- AP European History
- AP French Language and Culture
- AP German Language and Culture
- AP Human Geography
- AP Italian Language and Culture
- AP Japanese Language and Culture
- AP Latin
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Microeconomics
- AP Music Theory
- AP Physics 1
- AP Physics 2
- AP Physics B
- AP Physics C
- AP Psychology
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
- AP Spanish Literature and Culture
- AP Statistics
- AP Studio Art
- AP U.S. History
- AP U.S. Government & Politics
- AP World History
AP is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.