Would you like your pietas à la mode?
Afraid that you will fall into the chasm of chiasmus or be consumed by the pterodactylic hexameter?
Bolster your knowledge of the deliberative subjunctive, Maecenas and the Etruscans, and what exactly are the three parts of Gaul with Shmoop's guide to the AP Latin exam.
With this guide, you'll
- learn how to scan the dactylic hexameter.
- find out what on earth pietas really means.
- figure out how to recognize he dreaded tmesis.
- review indirect statements…just for kicks.
This ain't your pig's Latin.
What's Inside Shmoop's Online AP Latin Test Prep
Shmoop is a labor of love from folks who love to teach. Our Test Prep resources will help you prepare for exams with fun, engaging, and relatable materials that bring the test to life.
In the AP Latin guide, you'll find
- a diagnostic exam to figure out where you're struggling before you even begin.
- three full-length practice exams that mimic the look and feel of the exam.
- answer explanations to figure out where you went wrong…or right.
- test-taking tips to help you break down a lengthy exam.
- loads of practice drills.
- a glossary of 500 Latin words.
- grammar review (subjunctives! conditionals! comparatives!).
- poetry and prose style guides.
- guides to reading Vergil and Caesar.
- Aeneid and Gallic War summaries.
- review of key terms, historical contexts, translations, and more.
We have online Test Prep for each and every AP Exam!
- AP Art History
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB & BC
- AP Capstone
- AP Chemistry
- AP Chinese Language and Culture
- AP Comparative Government and Politics
- AP Computer Science
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP Environmental Science
- AP European History
- AP French Language and Culture
- AP German Language and Culture
- AP Human Geography
- AP Italian Language and Culture
- AP Japanese Language and Culture
- AP Latin
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Microeconomics
- AP Music Theory
- AP Physics 1
- AP Physics 2
- AP Physics B
- AP Physics C
- AP Psychology
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
- AP Spanish Literature and Culture
- AP Statistics
- AP Studio Art
- AP U.S. History
- AP U.S. Government & Politics
- AP World History