Ready Player One
Ready Player One Chapter 35 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- A huge fight ensues between pretty much all of OASIS and the Sixers, plus all the giant robots still battling it out.
- Shoto faces off against Sorrento in Mechagodzilla, saying he "owe[s] this son of a bitch some payback" (35.25). We're not sure how destroying someone's video game robot will avenge an actual, real-life death, but whatever makes him feel better.
- Unfortunately, Sorrento vaporizes him and blows apart Parzival's robot in the process.
- Parzival still has the Beta Capsule, though, and transforms into Ultraman.
- With an Ultraman Ultra-Slice, he cleaves Mechagodzilla in half. Sorrento ejects, but Parzival blasts him out of the air with a laser, and kills his avatar.
- After transforming back into Parzival, he enters Castle Anorak. With a little help from his friends, Art3mis and Aech, he unlocks the Third Gate.
- As they step inside a sound "like the entire universe […] cracking in half" (35.74) goes off, and they all die. Game over, man! Game over!
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search