Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Cite This Page
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What would have happened if Charlie hadn't found a Golden Ticket? How would he have survived?
- If you could create a candy – any candy in the world – what would it taste like and what other effects would it have? Go crazy; it doesn't have to be rooted in reality. Willy Wonka certainly isn't.
- Which is the worst offense: being gluttonous (eating too much), greedy, spoiled, or lazy? Which of those do you relate to the most? (No one's judging – we're all guilty of something!)
- Which would have been the most fun room in the factory to explore? Why?
- What will Charlie be like as the factory owner? Will he let children come explore, or keep it closed to the public?
- Why are the Oompa-Loompas always laughing? What do you think they're laughing at?
- There has been a lot of controversy over the casting of the two movies based on the book. Who would you cast as Willy Wonka? And as Charlie?
- Imagine there were a fifth naughty child: a bully. Now write the Oompa-Loompas' song about that bully.