Pride and Prejudice
Cite This Page
Pride and Prejudice Chapter 30 Summary Page 1
- Lady Catherine is concerned with the tiniest details of her parish, and the Collinses spend a lot of time with her.
- It's getting close to Easter, and they learn that Mr. Darcy is coming for a visit.
- When Mr. Darcy arrives, Mr. Collins visits Rosings to meet him and then actually brings him back to visit the Collinses house, i.e. Elizabeth.
- Charlotte, who is pretty savvy, realizes that he's coming to see Elizabeth and thanks her.
- Mr. Darcy starts things off politely by asking how Elizabeth's family is doing, so Lizzy jolts him by asking if he's had the opportunity to see Jane who BTW has been in London for three months.
- Obviously she knows he hasn't; she's just trying to see if he knows that she's been in town. But she can't tell.